I did not apply for this job. I applied for a consultant position in Barcelona (Spain)… however on the first call I was told that it was fulfilled, and this other one was available… for Product Manager. As I was already a Product Manager at Elsevier, would I be interested?
This was it:
Clarivate Analytics clients are the trailblazers and risk takers who come up with life-changing ideas. We’re looking for our own trailblazers to help us keep providing clients some of the world’s most trusted brands, spanning scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
We’re an independent owned company with a rich heritage and a bold entrepreneurial mission. If you’re excited by the thought of helping people and organizations go from new ideas to life-changing innovations faster, we’re excited to consider you for a position at Clarivate.
Main Purpose Of Job
Clarivate Analytics is seeking an experienced and creative individual to manage product development for the Converis business. Located in our Karlsruhe, DE office, the position is accountable for developing and providing strategic direction for the technology team responsible for the development of Converis through close collaboration within a cross-functional team including technology, sales, and marketing. Drawing from prior experience in a technical or academic setting, you will develop a roadmap for Converis, including adding enhancements to existing functions, responding to customer and end user feedback, and working with internal and external stakeholders to prioritize feature developments to deliver high-value enhancements and features — all with a focus on the quality of the product and the customer experience.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Drive and own the product roadmap for research information management, ensuring prioritization of product development investments
- Collect and leverage customer and internal feedback and analysis to direct timeline of enhancements to support customer satisfaction, enhanced quality, and increased usage.
- Encourage sales, customer, prospects and user feedback. Establish a continuous dialogue with customers and other intelligence about the needs of the market segment.
- Work in collaboration with Technology to define processes, systems and effective approaches to data quality, flexible data management, and scalable systems. Experience working in an Agile environment is preferable but not required.
- Create product assessments and SWOT analysis relative to competitors and industry trends.
- Own and define functional specification, requirements, prototypes and early product versions to ensure ability to meet market goals and obtain customer acceptance.
- Gather and analyze business and product requirements that come from internal and external clients, operations, technology, and marketing.
- Participate in and represent Clarivate Analytics in external initiatives across the scholarly ecosystem.
Required Skills And Education
- Fluent in English and German
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Domain or industry experience: Higher Education, Research and/or Publishing
- A strong technical background and experience in working with technology.
- A strong understanding of research evaluation, science policy, its meaning, relevance, and interpretation for policymaking and decision support.
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards and experience facilitating end-user testing regarding the same.
- Experience with complex projects and success in working in a matrix organization.
- Proven track record in bringing new concepts to market in a rapid environment.
- Excellent consensus building and facilitation skills.
- Significant experience in writing and presenting business plans in order to gain investment.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Experience in driving and monitoring commercial success of a new product or product release.
- Excellent customer-facing skills, ensuring they are ‘at the heart of everything’ we do.
- Well-organized and disciplined with regards to policy, procedures and standards.
- Must be an enthusiastic, energetic self-starter and be able to work independently
- Must be a quick learner with a great work ethic, able to take on new tasks and perform high quality work
- Has ability to function in fast-paced environment and in perform duties required in a fast-growing company
- Experience with global organizations or international assignments a plus
- Has the ability to tackle new challenges daily and a flexible attitude toward job requirements
- Experience with science policy strongly preferred