Julio dos Anjos
|Hi. This resource was created to, quickly, present a mash up of information about me, Júlio dos Anjos. So, here I am in half a dozen concepts:
I'm an ICT professional, working at IT since 1982, rigth at my first job, and an Information Professional since 1990, when I created a company to supply STM informatoin to I&D and HE.
In 2004 I embarqued in the adventure of finally getting a University Degree, by the traditional method of going to classes and passing exams. I got a
Bachelor's degree (Pre-Bologna) and a Licenciatura (Post-Bologna) in Ciências e
Tecnologias da Documentação e Informação, from the Instituto Politécnico do Porto.
2008-2009 I completed a post-graduatte degree in computing: Pós-Graduação
em Sistemas de Informação (POSI) from the Instituto
2009-2010 I completed the 3rd leg of my education with the postgraduatte degree in business management: Curso Geral de Gestão from the
Unidade de Formação de Executivos,
Faculdade de Economia,
Universidade Nova de Lisboa.
Os meus interesses?
Ah! You want to know more?
You really want to know more? Use the links on the left and/or read my Google Reader bookmarks:
Note: Yes, I stole this site's design from previous work
- 40++ years old
- 1st computer in 1980 (I helped to put together an ZX 80, and many ZX 81)
- 1st job in 1982 (Landry, ainda na Rua Coelho da Rocha)
- Military Conscript Service: bootcamp at OPorto (Regimento de Infantaria do Porto) , then service at Lisbon (Serviços Cartográficos do Exército), Viana do Alentejo, Aljustrel and Portel (Rank: private, speciality: driver auto-rodas)
- Under-graduate and post-graduatte (Licenciatura) on CTDI (
information as in "structured set of codified mental representations
contextualized by the society and able of beeing registered in
some kind of material support, and thus able to be comunicated / transmited
in an assyncronous mode to multiple targets", a phenomemon catacterized by:
Structured by action;
Transmitable - See
Malheiro et al.)... In short: information as in "Information Audit", not as in "Information Systems Audit";
for more information see: The Hidden Costs of Information work e
The High Cost of not finding information
- Post-Graduatte in Information Systems Management (information as in "Digital Information").
- Post-Graduatte in Business Management
- To know why please read (ORNA, Elizabeth) Practical information policies: How to manage information flow in organizations. Aldershot: Gower.
(Matthew Hinton) Introducing Information Management: The Business Approach and
(S Buchanan & F Gibb) The Information Audit: An Integrated Strategic Approach.
- Or ask Profª Fernanda Gonçalves and Engº Pedro Sousa.
- Still thinking about a real Masters Degree!
- Non Trivial Interests:
- Librarianship, Information Management, Knowledge Management and Knowledge Systems; Reference works: Lancaster (Indexing and Abstracting in Theory and in Practice); lighthouse: Stephen Abram
- Education: the gnoseological phenomenon that transforms someone else's experience in knowledge of my own; lighthouse: Americ Azevedo
- Information Literacy, a form of intelligence.
- Social Networks, because I was a paid sysop for a BSS (CATS BBS), and I recognize the same "drive" in the Web 2.0 phenomenon
- Web 2.0, specifically Web 2.0 as a communication tool
between information services and patrons, as well as an ecosystem
where the 2500 years of constant service by
librarian to the bennefit of the Human Adventure
will go on.
- If I can decide, I will install UBUNTU, not Windows.
- I consider myself to be an expert in Blogs, OAI-PMH and RSS in general.
- A long, long time ago, I was seen as an expert in pre and peri-Nicene (325 AD) heresies
- Two companies
- An 18 years old daugther
- In a relationship
- I drive a Prius
- I communicate with an HTC
TyTN II Desire
- "To travel is not a present, is a way of life!"
- Dreams: My daughter's graduation ceremony,
be in person at a TED conference and be happy
Ficheito actualizado em Sunday, 29 de September de 2013